DDS Demolition is recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor
Managing approximately five projects at any time, with values ranging between approximately £20,000 to £3million, you will be responsible for the commercial management of a project from negotiating the initial contract to settling the Final Account.
The role will be primarily based out of the Head Office in Margate, but it is expected that the QS will regularly visit the sites of their projects; the projects DDS Demolition undertake are typically across Kent and London.
DDS Demolition engage in a wide variety of forms of contract from the commonly used JCT and NEC suites, as well as bespoke agreements. The QS will be required to work with all of these.
DDS treasures its longevity and well-earned reputation, we maintain great relationships with our clients therefore seek a personable yet professional QS with exemplary people skills to join our team and uphold our company values whilst ensuring profitability on projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Negotiate Contracts (both Main Contract and Subcontract)
- Break Estimates down into Cost Budgets.
- Tender and Procure Subcontract and Supplier Packages.
- Prepare and issue Applications for Payment.
- Liaise with Accounts Departments to advise them of costs and revenue matters.
- Assess and Approve Subcontract Applications for Payment and Supplier Payments.
- Value Variations/Changes/Compensation Event’s and provide necessary substantiation.
- Prepare notifications of delay and petitions to extend programme, including agreeing time awards.
- Prepare of notifications for, and valuation of Loss and Expense, including agreeing additional sums due.
- Preparing and updating Project Programme’s (Gantt Chart’s) to reflect changes
- Working with Site Teams to create Cost-Value-Forecasts (CVF) for the forthcoming period (month).
- Completing Cost-Value Reconciliation (CVR) report for completed period (month).
- Advising Operations Team of any cost implications or commercial risks of any changes, delays etc.
Requirement to Use Software
- Eque2 Construct
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Project
- Deltek PIM
Hours: Mon – Fri 7.30am – 5pm
In return, DDS Demolition offer:
£Negotiable (dependant on experience)
+ Profit Share Bonus
+ Company Car / Car Allowance
+ Healthcare (optional)
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.