Year after year, the DDS Group grows steadily and responsibly. To support an order book that looks healthier year on year too, we recruit yet more dynamic and experienced colleagues alongside nurturing the talent within our own ranks and promoting those that successfully grow with the business.
2018 proved to be a pretty exciting year for the DDS Group. As well as celebrating our 40th Anniversary, during the last quarter in particular there was a palpable anticipation that – in the words of Sam Cooke – “A Change is Gonna Come” – and it has!
One of the first significant changes to the Group really came to fruition in 2018 with the addition of DDS Contracting, our Groundworks and Enabling division who – combined with DDS Environmental and DDS Demolition – operate as a turnkey solution.
DDS welcomed John Read as Operations Manager to take the helm of the new department and the division has thrived since its conception. The team was strengthened with:
- Office Manager – Wendy Mitchell. Wendy received a promotion to the position following her strong organisational skills honed within the Demolition department over the past 4 years.
- Site Manager – Matt Roots. Appointed externally, Matt brought a wealth of knowledge and experience having spent the last 17 years within the groundworks and drainage industry.
- Site Manager – Adam Denby. Appointed externally, with 15 years industry experience specialising in concrete, steel fix and form work.
- Quantity Surveyor – Karl Reed. Appointed externally, Karl is the most recent addition to the team having worked at a senior level with a prominent Kent based Main Contractor.
- Multiple Site Operatives and Labourers – all of whom have flourished and proven to be a great asset to the Group.
- Driver – Mark Poulter. Mark joined us in 2018 supporting the workload for the grab lorries throughout Kent, allowing the Building Supplies division to continue to grow and expand their services.
- Office Manager – Demi O’Reilly. Starting her career as part of the original team in 2014, Demi was promoted in 2018 ready for further expansion of the rapidly growing licensed asbestos removal division.
- Contracts Co-ordinator – Sarah Brazier. Sarah originally joined DDS in 2013 as Admin Assistant, supporting the Senior Management team directly. Following an adventurous career break to go travelling, DDS welcomed Sarah back with open arms as she started her new journey as Contracts Co-ordinator to support the Demolition Office Manager.
- Accounts Assistant – Wioleta Prystupa. Wioleta joined the DDS family in April 2018 to support the ever-efficient Accounts team.
- Trainee SHEQ Officer – Julia Baker. Julia started her career at DDS working in the weighbridge of the DDS Building Supplies office before moving across to an administration role within the DDS Environmental office. Clearly a fastidious and intelligent individual, Julia has recently been promoted to Trainee SHEQ Officer to support the ongoing diligent work of the Health & Safety team.
- Group Commercial Manager – Tom Worrall. Tom began his career at DDS Demolition in 2010 as Business Development Manager prior to joining the Estimating Team. He swiftly progressed to Commercial Manager after mastering the fine art of Estimating and Quantity Surveying and owing to such an astute commercial mind has now been promoted to Group Commercial Manager to oversee the commercial well-being of the entire DDS Group.
- Group Operations Manager – Michael Hennessy. After joining as Contracts Manager in 2013, Michael has delivered many successful projects whilst exhibiting a strong leadership mentality. On the precipice of positive change for the DDS family, Michael has been promoted to Group Operations Manager to further support the Managing Director regarding the operations of the entire DDS Group.
- 1948 Group SHEQ Director – Steve Peacock. Steve joined DDS as SHEQ Manager in 2014 following the decision to strengthen the Health and Safety core of the business. During the past 4 and a half years, Steve has spearheaded the accumulation of numerous accreditations and upgraded DDS Demolitions ISO to become the first demolition contractor to hold ISO 45001:2018. Steve has been promoted to Group SHEQ Director for the entire 1948 Group incorporating the DDS Group and sister company TW Services.
Well done and thank you to all colleagues and clients who made 2018 a great year. The teamwork ethic at DDS whether it be on site, in the office or on the road is an asset to all of us (clients included) and finally, a massive welcome to the newbies who are destined for great things with a career at DDS.