DDS Contracting (a division of the DDS Group of Companies) is currently recruiting for an Estimator with groundworks and civils experience.
- Competitive salary and associated package commensurate with relevant experience.
- Opportunity to come on board as the division continues to grow and have in influence in the ongoing development of the business.
- Opportunity to develop the Estimating role and ultimately head up the pre-construction department as the business expands, reporting directly to the principal of the division.
- Diverse range of enquiries ranging from highly respected external clients as well as interesting and complex large scale Group developments.
- Located at our newly refurbished offices near Margate.
- Working as part of a small and highly motivated team of industry professionals.
- Minimum of 5 years estimating experience (groundworks knowledge essential)
- Causeway estimating software experience preferential but training will also be provided.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Receive and appraise new enquiries for suitability
- Review risk and opportunities for team discussion
- Prepare and obtain subcontract and material prices, evaluate, compare and incorporate
- Manage the enquiry process from receipt to submission and relevant post tender queries
- Build up tender rates from first principles having confidence in outputs and allowances
- Proactive and outgoing approach to value engineering options
- Communicating effectively with all external and internal interfaces
- Working with the Operations team to develop project specific preliminaries costs
- Lead tender adjudication meetings
- Develop and chair tender handover meetings
- Able to process billed enquiries or prepare accurate measures from specifications and drawings
- Be confident in attending post tender client presentations supported by the Operations team.
Outgoing, confident, professional
Logical and analytical approach to problem solving
Please forward your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
DDS is an Equal Opportunities employer.