Civils & Groundworks Estimator – THANET
Fed up with the long commute?
Disillusioned with the lack of local career options for your skill set?
Since our inception just two years ago, we at DDS Contracting have been quietly and diligently building a Groundworks Contracting organisation.
We have grown into a close knit and effective team with a strong work ethic and great camaraderie.
Our project experience to date covers a broad spectrum of traditional groundworks, housing infrastructure, utility works, 278 Highway works and Building refurbishments. We have secured several projects by offering design/build solutions acting as Principal Contractor.
We now seek an individual that has the potential to develop and manage the estimating function and be actively involved in the continuing success of our business.
You should have a minimum of 5 years experience in contract estimating, ideally using an industry standard software such as Causeway.
You should be motivated, confident and comfortable in delivering the following key attributes
- Detailed cost estimates for upcoming projects
- Undertaking analysis of costs
- Reviewing tender documentation
- Identify any potential risks within tender documentation
- Attend and lead tender timeline and review meetings
- Set up and implement cost plans for projects
- Commercial review of contractual terms
- Management of all sub-contract and material enquiries
- Liaise with other departments of the business regarding contract awards and pricing
- Building strong relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Mentoring junior staff/apprentices (passing the knowledge on is very important to us)
You will be reporting directly into the Divisional Operations Manager with a strong say in the day-to-day running of the business. As a key member of the senior team, this position comes with great prospects to make your mark within the business and assist in the rapid growth of this exciting company.
In the first instance, please direct expressions of interest to;