DDS has been a member of the NFDC (National Federation of Demolition Contractors) since 1998. Although well known within the demolition industry, if you find yourself tasked with appointing a demolition contractor, a few FAQs below may be helpful…..
Why should you choose an NFDC registered demolition contractor?
- The NFDC is an approved body within the industry and are Build UK members. They conduct their own quality control and auditing on all members. This allows the client complete confidence that each member is operating to an industry recognised approved standard and all NFDC audits are connected with CHAS.
What are the benefits of being a member?
- On our side of the fence, we gain value from having a measure of reason on a wide matter of subjects. The NFDC is the collective voice of demolition contractors.
- The NFDC actively promotes the use of its members to the market place.
- The NFDC work closely with the NDTG (National Demolition Training Group) and as a member we have to abide by the NFDC rules in regard to training and use the NDTG to meet this standard.
How does a demolition contractor qualify?
- Any demolition contractor can apply. The NFDC stringently audit the contractor and upon presentation of the case consult the existing members for approval before any demolition contractor is accepted.
Demolition is an exciting and ever-changing industry. We appreciate that to gain confidence in a demolition contractor is no mean feat especially if you are considering a new contractor or if this is your first demolition project.
As well as reputable affiliations such as the above, due diligence should also uncover a multitude of worthwhile accreditations for your chosen demolition contractor.
Be sure to keep an eye out for our next Blog – DDS and Accreditations.