DDS is again leading the way and setting the standard for exemplary Health and Safety by strengthening our team once more.
We are currently recruiting for a DDS Group HSEQ Manager. As a result, this is no ordinary job advert.
DDS’ Health and Safety ethos is the standard that underpins our success – we take every possible measure to ensure that our colleagues remain safe in what is generally understood to be a high-risk industry. We need to ensure that our new Group HSEQ Manager understands the importance of their role and brings the right qualities to the position.
What are we looking for?
In brief, you need to be experienced and an expert in your field. You need to be confident and assertive, level-headed and pragmatic all the while retaining your professionalism.
Why should you apply?
We are a company of forward-thinking and safety-aware colleagues – your role is a welcome addition to a successful H&S department, you will be respected and consulted at a high level whilst also being a familiar face to colleagues at all levels.
DDS remains a family-run business which has been operating for over 40 years. Many of our colleagues are long-standing, having been with the company for years. Without bias, we treat each other well and have a very positive work culture.
Given the importance of this position, we need to be concise with the finer details of the role. If we have whetted your appetite, you may well be the right fit for DDS and we implore you to read on.
DDS Group HSEQ Manager – Responsibilities and Expectations
- Attend periodic management meetings to discuss all areas of HSEQ performance across the group.
- Be familiar with external accreditations (CHAS, Constructionline, Safecontractor, Achilles etc) and maintain certifications.
- Have a good understanding of UKAS certified systems, 9001, 14001 & 45001 and be able to maintain them (internal auditing of the IMS)
- Oversee the group training matrices, arrange training courses for all levels of employee (assisted by the HSEQ Advisor)
- Confident in public speaking and able to attend tender and pre-start meetings.
- Competent in site inspections and auditing and be able to produce annual statistics
- Assist the Contract Managers and technical team in producing site specific risk assessments and method statements.
- Be able to liaise with clients with general queries and issues.
- Conduct new employee inductions.
- Review sub-contractor pre-qualification questionnaires.
- Review sub-contractor RAMS.
- Conduct accident investigations and produce reports, including statistical data.
- Have a good understanding of H&S policies and procedures and able to maintain them.
- Candidates would need to hold some form of Environmental Management qualification, Nebosh, IEMA, WAMITAB or equivalent.
- All candidates must be IT literate and be able to use word, excel and power point.
- Assist the Commercial Department with HSEQ elements of pre-qualification documents and tender returns.
- Liaise with the Health & Safety Executive during site inspections.
- Assist in the preparation of the asbestos license application.
- Liaise with the Environment Agency & Local Authority and assist in maintaining the company’s waste and special permits.
- Be familiar with all HSE RIDDOR reporting systems and complete F2508 reports when necessary.
- Have a good understanding of the waste industry.
- Have a good understanding of the occupational health requirements in the UK construction sector and arrange health surveillance for group employees.
- Must be able to lead by example and be able to schedule their own workload and use their initiative.
- Candidates to be a member of IOSH at graduate or chartered level and hold Nebosh Construction or equivalent.
- Must be a pragmatic H&S professional.
- Face fit testing certification would be advantageous.
- Have a good understanding of demolition, asbestos removal and general construction activities would be advantageous.
This is a highly revered and valued role based at our Head Office in Margate, Kent. Salary and package depend entirely on experience.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com from which point it will be assessed by the Group Commercial Manager, Group Operations Manager and Managing Director.
If considered potentially suitable, you will be invited to interview with the aforementioned Senior Management Team at our Head Office in Margate, Kent.