Orchard Plaza was formally a Tax Office, situated in Poole High Street. Mansell were undertaking a conversion of the building into residential apartments.The main building was of reinforced concrete frame construction with glazing panels and brickwork cladding. The floors are reinforced concrete.The building was ‘T-shaped’ with one 5-storey block and one 11 storey block. The 11-storey block partially overlapped the 5-storey block.The roof was flat with a parapet upstand wall around the perimeter. Roof structures extend above the main roof level.
- Confirm isolation of serviced, liaising with Mansell Construction
- Clear building of asbestos materials
- Stripped back to the structural fabric including the removal of lift cars and associated running gear etc.
- Confirm isolation of services, liaising with Mansell
- Remove the concrete cladding and glazing from the building.
- Break-out the concrete slab.
- Remove the 11th Floor structure from the building to accommodate the construction of a further 2 floors.
- Despite the location of the building, minimal disruption was caused to the surrounding population.
- Ground floor Slab was significantly more substantial than was originally indicated, however DDS still achieved all programmed milestones at no additional cost to the client.
- Project finished on time.
- Complete Client Satisfaction.