Hanson are the UK’s leading supplier of aggregates and Building Materials to the UK Construction Industry. DDS Demolition were contracted to strip out and dismantle sections of their former block factory in Medway, Kent.
The building was predominantly of Steel Frame Construction, with steel cladding to all elevations. The site also housed a silo, formally used to store building aggregates.
- Establish site welfare facilities
- Confirm isolation and termination of services in the building
- Agree condition survey with Hanson Building Products
- Remove any hazardous materials i.e. Asbestos
- Soft strip loose items from single storey building
- Demolish plant, equipment and racking in main shed, leaving in specific M&E Items.
- Demolish hopper, conveyor and ladder to the rear of the main shed.
- Remove tanks to Oxford depot (where detailed).
- Dismantle timber sleeper walls where identified.
- Strip out loose items / mezzanine floor in shed to rear of main shed.
- Remove all demolition, rubbish and soft strip materials arising.
- All works to be completed in the midst of a live Industrial Estate. Logistically, all movements had to be planned to not effect the traffic in core hours, and to minimise congestion. Extra consideration had to also been given to the mitigation of Environmental Impact as not to effect the day-to-day running of the local business i.e. Dust Suppression.
- DDS were required to dismantle a large storage hopper as part of our scope of works, A 100 tonne crane was utilised during this phase of the programme.
- The works were taking place as a condition of sale, and were to be completed to the purchaser’s requirements. DDS had no direct contact with the purchasers throughout the contract, but still managed to complete the works their satisfaction, receiving no complaints.
- Zero Health & Safety Incidents.