As the newest contingent to the DDS Demolition legacy, DDS Contracting – operating as the groundworks and enabling arm of the DDS Group – allows us to offer clients the complete turnkey solution.
As part of their evolution, DDS Contracting recruited wisely, methodically and somewhat intuitively. Part of this growth included Contracts Manager, Adam Denby.
Adam has been with DDS Contracting for just over a year bringing 14 years of formwork and groundwork knowledge with him to the role. Having worked across Kent and London throughout his career, Adam is well-versed in the necessities of this demanding and vital role.
Having already covered projects with DDS Contracting including Canterbury Prison, Barton Junior School in Dover and Smurfit Kappa in Snodland, Adam is now gearing up for a further phase of works at the latter whilst Contract Managing 7 /8 projects on average.
A typical day for Adam will include:
7.30am – Arrival at Head Office
- Daily morning call to each Site Manager.
- Review Programmes
- Review Costs
- Daily liaison with the Quantity Surveyor on each project
- Prepare RAMS for new projects
- Consultation with the Estimating Manager
- Consultation with the Operations Manager
- Site visits to existing projects
- Site visits to upcoming projects
- Client meetings
- Interaction with DDS Group Buyer
- Supply Chain input
- Revision of drawings
- Close working relationship with DDS Demolition including Contracts Managers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors and the H&S department
- 5pm – Home time!
With the DDS Contracting team growing stealthily and intelligently, never has a motivational quote been quite as apt as the words of Bill Gates, “Surround yourself with people who challenge you, teach you, and push you to be your best self”.