Following on from our previous demolition Blog about Accreditations, who better to choose for our first “A Day in the Life” Blog than the man who pulls it all together?
Steve Peacock CMIOSH TechIDE MIIRSM, is the SHEQ Manager for DDS Demolition and DDS Environmental.
Despite appearances, Steve is only in his mid-thirties yet has already achieved so much within his chosen field of work. Being a busy family man of four he is well used to keeping order and calm within a fast-paced environment, here’s a typical day this week……
7.30am – Arrive at Head Office
- Regular review and update of Constructionline.
- Monitoring of IMS and internal system audits.
- Monitoring and maintaining the training programme and matrix
- Liaison with Local Authorities and Environmental Health Officers
- Reviewing demolition RAMS.
- Assisting with a demolition PQQ
- Site visit to Sheerness for periodic auditing to maintain standards for SHEQ to ensure compliancy with our IMS.
- Site visit to Broadstairs representing our Asbestos Removal sister company, DDS Environmental.
- Finally, back to the office and demonstrating impressive tolerance whilst suffering endless questioning from the Business Development girl about his day!
5pm – Home time!
As well as the snapshot, Steve could be doing a multitude of activities such as on-site training, attending demolition Pre-start meetings, reactive monitoring on site, the list is endless!
The incentive behind these articles however is to take a moment – whether you’re in or out of the industry – to step back and appreciate the roles we all play in creating a safe and rewarding workplace.